You will experience the benefits of bariatric surgery almost immediately. Depending on the procedure, you can expect to lose between 47 percent and 60 percent of your presurgery weight within the first six months after surgery!
The following steps are key to achieving optimal results and maintaining weight loss:
- Precisely follow postoperative diet instructions.
- Exercise regularly for 30 to 45 minutes per day, five days a week.
- Attend support groups.
- Begin eating three meals per day four to six weeks after surgery.
- Make healthy food choices.
- Don’t snack.
- Don’t drink high-calorie beverages.
- Don’t skip meals.
- Don’t drink any liquids with meals. Stop drinking 5 minutes before meals and wait 60 minutes after meals before drinking again.
- Take required bariatric multivitamin supplements.
To ensure that our outcomes-based research data are complete and accurate, we will ask for your help and cooperation each year in promptly and thoroughly completing an annual questionnaire and returning it to our office.