Are You A Candidate?
Last year more than 200,000 people opted for bariatric weight-loss procedures to take control of their health. See criteria below.
Bariatric weight-loss procedures are considered lifesaving for people who are unable to lose weight in other ways and are at risk of weight-related medical conditions. Bariatric surgery can have a profoundly positive impact on people’s physical and emotional health and add years to their life. Like all types of invasive medicine, however, bariatric surgery comes with risks and is not for everyone.
In determining who is eligible, at Bay Bariatrics we use the general guidelines of the National Institutes of Health in combination with our extensive experience and firsthand knowledge of who is best suited for bariatric surgery. Please note that insurance companies have their own criteria for bariatric surgery. Even if we determine that you are eligible, you may not qualify through your insurance provider. Our life-changing procedures are priced to be affordable with or without insurance coverage. Learn more about our pricing
- Are you 75 to 100 pounds over your “ideal” body weight? Need to know your ideal body weight? Click here
- Do you have a BMI of 30 or greater? Note: Most insurance companies require a minimum BMI of 40 or higher for eligibility. To calculate your BMI Click here
- Do you have existing medical conditions that are likely to benefit from weight reduction? These include hypertension, sleep apnea, diabetes, congestive heart failure, arthritis, acid reflux disease, back or joint problems, and other weight-related disorders.
- Have you been unsuccessful at other attempts to lose weight?
- Are you free from drug and alcohol dependence?
- Are you over the age of 18?
- Are you emotionally and physiologically prepared for this surgery?
- Are you highly motivated to follow a weight-loss regimen before and after surgery by making a formal commitment to a dramatic change in lifestyle?
Our staff is experienced at identifying candidates for surgery and making it happen. If you are eligible, we are here to help identify the procedure that’s best for you and make it affordable and possible.
Call us today at (877) 639-9968. We’re here to help!